5.05.2010

Altered board

This project was inspired by my friend Kayla, who shared her altered board on Creative Cookbooking.

I found this cute board at Old Time Pottery for $4.99. Not really my style, but I saw possibilities.



I brought it home and went straight to work. :-D I used Graphic 45 paper and some old buttons I had laying around. I liked the crackly frame, so I left it alone, so it made this a really quick project. It now has a new home in my kitchen. Thanks for the inspiration, Kayla!



I can't stop making these flowers! They are so much fun! Just take a strip of paper (I used a 1 1/2 inch x 12 inch strip) and do an accordian fold of about 1/4 of an inch, back and forth and back and forth until you get to the end.



Glue the ends together and let dry.



When it's dry, just gather at the top and push down onto a punched circle coated with glue. (I set something heavy on top while it's drying.)







When it's all dry, decorate the center with whatever you'd like to finish it off like I did on the two flowers at the bottom left of my project.

Thanks for stopping by! Have a great week! :-)

5 comments:

  1. WOWSA!! LOVE the board & the flowers!!!!

    You have beautiful hands & fingernails - BTW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it Suzanne! FABULOUS work chica! Love those flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute Suzanne! You are quickly becoming a flower goddess!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooo cute! I might just have some G45 scraps laying around....hmmm. I guess I need to be on the hunt for my very own menu board ;)

    You make those flowers look so easy

    ReplyDelete
  5. CUTE! Great job!! Love the buttons on the corkboard!! Love the flower too!

    ReplyDelete