9.26.2010

House of 9

It has been a very long, very hot, very dry summer. I can almost hear all the trees and grass and animals saying "ahhhh" to the rain and cooler temps that I woke up to this morning.

Thank you all for your thoughts and best wishes, especially for my father in law. His diagnosis is hairy cell lukemia. He has declined treatment, so it seems like the only thing left to do is keep him as comfortable as possible. He seems to have come to terms with the fact that he's lived a long and happy 86 years.

As to the other extreme, 2 month old Ayden is keeping us all busy! I know now why the good Lord only lets YOUNG women birth children. LOL You'd think with him living here, I'd have tons of baby photos to share. I do not. I promise, I will take some this week, I will!

Despite the engorged state of our house, I have managed to spend some quality time with my scrap room. It's such great therapy for me! Here's a layout I did for the layout tag we played on Paper Whores. I thought the Cosmo Cricket paper was perfect for the subject of the layout. I was amused with myself for thinking of the title. :-D



If you can't read the journaling, it basically says that Lickety Split loves to bring me presents and she gets all proud with herself for it. And I have to praise her and tell her she's a good hunter cat before she'll saunter off, leaving me to deal with disposal of whatever it is she brought me. Eewwww! LOL

I will be back in a few days with the October calendar page. Can you believe it? OCTOBER!!! Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you got a tiny bit of scrap time in! Fantastic layout! Ewwww... is right. I hope things get much easier and much better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how...ewwww...but yet so sweet! adorable. i love the title choice. sorry to hear about your father in law and i hope they do the best to keep him comfortable. so good to hear on the little one's progress as well. yay for scrap time, right? i need to get in my room today or i'll bust!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL eeewww gross! Great lo though! Good for your FIL - I can't blame him, I would do the same thing! You make sure to take care of yourself girly!

    ReplyDelete