8.01.2010

Happy August!



Is this year just zipping by? Yes it is! I don't know about where you live, but here in Alabama, we are truly in the dog days of summer. Near or at or over 100 degrees everyday with no reprieve in sight! Great weather for staying inside and scrapping! Be cool and check out the new challenges at Ch{all}enge Masters!

In addition to hot weather, July brought my first grandchild. I have to say, the circumstances surrounding his arrival is frought with controversy, but you can't take away his cuteness! :-D Ayden Parker arrived at 10:15 p.m. on July 27th weighing in at 8 lbs, 1 oz and 20.5 inches long.



As this is Ethan's son, and taking into account the many years of grief Ethan has given Glen and I, I made sure to give Ethan the motherly curse "may you have a child JUST LIKE YOU." And since it was ME giving the curse and taking into account MY luck, it of course backfired. Ayden appears to be the perfect baby, sleeping through the night at 3 days old. Maybe next time I'll just keep my mouth shut. LOL

Needless to say, I haven't had a ton of scrappy time, but I have completed a couple of layouts. Here's one I did of Peyton's dance portrait. Looks simple, but let me tell ya, that stitching on the photo took forEVER! Not a technique I'll be using often. :-D



Thanks for visiting! I'll be back soon with a couple of more DT projects. Have a great week! :-)

10 comments:

  1. OMG, Suzanne - he is just adorable!! Congratulations
    to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is adorable! Congrats!

    Love the layout, that stitching is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The stitching was definitely worth it!

    Love both LOs and Ayden is just precious. Give him a few days...maybe he'll "perk up" lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Suzanne! He is GORGOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a sweet babe!!! The LO is fab - the stitching was really great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is just DARLING!!! Congrats girlie~

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG!!!! What a DOLL baby!!!! I wanna get my hands on him!!!!!

    LOVE your calendar page & your LO, but LOVE that little grandbaby even more!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations to you and your family! What a precious baby! Love your calendar page and layout! The stitching on the picture looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww congrats! He is adorable!!!!Cute lo too girly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats Grannie! ;) He is a beautiful boy! That stitching on your layout is wonderful-well worth the time and effort!

    ReplyDelete