7.03.2008

Lost and found

Lost: Mind. Last seen in Orlando area in 1988. May have been stolen by first born child. Reward of 4 children offered.

Funny, right? I remember a time not so long ago when I could make a list in my head and remember it. And along came children. And poof! Now I must resort to my day planner to remember things such as birthdays and vacations.

My friend Juls is pregnant. With TWINS. She did this on PURPOSE. And she is HAPPY about this, even though she is old, like me. LOL And it made me reflect on ME, my attitude and my children.

Anyone who knows me knows I love my children. All of them. All of the time. My children are my greatest joy and my greatest heartache. I thought being a parent meant I would mold a perfect little being into a world class citizen, but alas! My children have molded me into the person I am today, and I'm just wondering... who would I be if not for my children? I mean, if someone had TOLD me certain things, like the fact that raising babies is the EASY part of parenting and raising teenagers really does mostly suck, would I have listened? Would I have NOT had children? Probably not. So I guess I was destined to lose my mind.

So the lesson must be in what I have FOUND. I have a family who loves me, warts and all. I have learned some valuable lessons about what it means to give and to laugh and to live each day to it's fullest because life is a GIFT.

Congratulations, my friend, on your new found gifts. May they bring you all the love and laughter you deserve. :-)

3 comments:

  1. Wow Suzanne!!! That's some AWESOME writing and reflection!!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry its been so long to come here and comment...finally able to catch up with some blogs I have been wanting to visit but have been TOO BUSY!
    AND what do I find...a very interesting reflection(borrowed from Ginni!)...Have you been reading my mind!?

    ReplyDelete