7.17.2008

Fair and Balanced

Or not. There is nothing fair or balanced about the amount of news that I have to listen to or watch every day, ALL.FREAKIN'.DAY. Father in law turns it on in the morning. He leaves it on all day, and switches between channels when the stories start to cycle. We all watch together during dinner if we're not eating at the dining room table. And then when he goes to bed, he sleeps with the news on his TV all night long.




Personally, I'm good watching 30 minutes of news in the morning and 30 minutes in the evening. How much news can a person get during a day before you start getting bummed out or depressed? I have strong opinions on the media of today... I don't like them. My news channel of preference is BBC. THEY know how to do news!

I've tried gently suggesting we find something else to watch, maybe a movie or something? A cooking show? An infomercial? The Weather Channel? ANYTHING? Please?? Pretty please, with sugar on top??? No. He likes the news. So, we watch the news, ALL FREAKIN' DAY.

The alternative is that we don't, which only means one thing, and I don't want to think about it. So, we watch the news and know that one day, we won't have to and will miss it.

And thats the way it is.

1 comment:

  1. Very touching writing Suzanne! But I KWYM about the news these days. And I know about the mixed feelings with the alternative. :) Hugs to ya GF!!

    ReplyDelete