10.27.2010

Day three

and no nicotine. I can't really say that I've been the most pleasant or upbeat person to be around, so consider yourself forewarned. This is NOT a scrappy post, but you might find it amusing from a distance nonetheless.

1. What IDIOT at Fox 6 thought it would be a good idea to preempt Glee to let everyone know that there were NO tornado warnings, NO tornado watches, but there MIGHT be a thunderstorm in a remote area that has a population of TWO??? Oooh boy, it didn't take long before I was googling the station to get the name of the programming manager and whip off a two sentence scathing email. The rest of the family was making fun... "Sweetie! (thats me, he's yelling because I'm in my scrap room shooting off this email to Fox 6) They have a new warning for Hurricane Suzanne, it's just north of Shelby County and it's category 6!" Wise ass. :-/

2. Then, after Peyton quoting that comment on her Facebook status, some 17 year old twit comes along and says "Dear god everyone needs to stfu about Glee... It's a freaking fake tv show. There possible life threatening weather going on out there. I believe its more important. Ugh." Which resulted in my current Facebook status, just in case you're wondering. It COULD have been much uglier, I used great restraint. I COULD have said "this coming from someone who lives in backwoods TN in a tent and eliminates waste into a can in the ground. And by the way, learn how to spell." Although it's true, I didn't say it! Pretty good I thought! :-D

3. Last but not least... not too long ago, I'm talking to my attorney friend about an online stalker that I have. It's harmless stuff, but we were just laughing about her antics when he gave me a very useful tidbit of information about IP addresses. I share this with all of YOU so that if you ever find this useful you'll know about it. Whenever you're joining forums, it doesn't matter which user name you use, it's still the same IP address. AND, with the advent of all these cool tools such as feedjit and clicky, you can see ALL the information on that particular IP address including time logs and each click you make on a site. My friend asked me yesterday how that was going and I told him that she's moved on to terrorize someone else and he "wondered" outloud if her employer would be amused with all of her Internet travels using a work computer. :-O I never thought about that, but I guess thats why he's an attorney and I'm NOT. LOL BUT, definitely made a mental note of that.

So, if you've made it this far through my rantings, thanks for stopping by and I promise my next entry will be at least somewhat scrappy related. :-D I'll leave you with this... I'm getting back into my positive zone today. Have a great day!

5 comments:

  1. Suzanne, you crack me up! Scary about the stalker though. Good to know about the IP addresses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Suzanne! *hugS* We have got to sit down and share someday and play catch up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to be a fly on the wall in your house this week! :p

    Be careful though, MY IP address does change. Not all of it - but the end of it does. I know this because I can see it when I check my stats on my blog.

    I have a stalker of my own? Did you know??? Stalker's IP address hasn't changed in over 6 months but when it does, it is still close enough to the previous one for me to tell.

    Oh, and yes, most employers certainly would care! They often keep track so that they can use it against an employee if they want rid of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always put a smile on my fae girl! I hope tommorow is a better day!!! You can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what an entertaining read!!! fbook can be such a joy and a curse at the same time...but we still go along with it!! ha ha! oh man, so does the stalker leave comments or did you just keep on seeing the IP address. i'm kinda scared!

    hugs,
    mo

    ReplyDelete