12.15.2014

I can't lie

2014 has been a rough year.  It seems like I say that every year, but this year for sure.  The last of our retirement savings went into the business to start domestic manufacturing of doors.  Glen had a heart attack during the Ice Storm of 2014 in January.  The closing of aforementioned company leading to Glen's new job search and subsequent move to Florida.  Megan's engagement in April and subsequent wedding in October.  Packing and leaving home (and children) in Alabama and unpacking to new home in Florida in October.  Saying goodbye to family and friends.  Sure, there were good things in 2014, but they were highly overshadowed by the bad.  Regrets?  Yes, I have them.  It makes me sad to see our children struggling both financially and emotionally, and our financial problems will spill over into 2015 and beyond.  There will be more challenges for me in 2015.  I will cross that bridge when I get to it.   For the few that actually still read this blog, none of this is new to you.  Thank you for your friendship!  For those that stumble upon and think "how depressing," my motto in the words of Jimmy Buffett remain firm... Breathe in, breathe out, move on. 

The one constant that will remain is my monthly calendars.  I have done them for years, and will continue doing them.  Here is my January calendar to kick off 2015.  They are much less marked on since the children aren't here to "help" me fill them up. 

 
 
Wishing you all a very happy new year filled with many blessings and much happiness.  
 

2 comments: